Sometimes seeing family, especially if you haven’t seen them for a while, can be stressful. Relationship dynamics are never fun to navigate. On top of the worry of interacting with those whom you may not get along with is the worry of looking your best.
Let’s face it: we all want to look good in front of others. It may be the fear of being judged or just for your own inner self, but you want to know in your heart you look your best. MDPen’s mission is to help people everywhere achieve the look they desire. We specialize in providing microneedling equipment to aestheticians and healthcare practitioners. In this blog post, we’ll offer up tips to help you take the stress out of looking good this holiday season.
TIPS FOR LOOKING GOOD THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
- Stay on top of your simple skin care routine. It’s easy in the busyness of the season to skip your skin care routine, especially at night when you get home late from a holiday party. If you do nothing else this holiday season to look good, stay faithful to your skin care. Moisturize daily, cleanse your face, and try to squeeze in a deep clean such as exfoliation or a facial. This will keep your skin healthy and bright and looking good for the holiday season. MDPen’s proprietary skin creams and serums are excellent skin care products to keep your skin looking full and healthy this holiday season.
- Brighten your complexion. It’s easy for your skin to become sullen during the long winter months. The tan, and hence the color, from the summer is gone. Moreover, depending on what colors you are wearing, your face can appear extremely pale. Invest in concealer to hide any dark circles or blemishes, and then use a bright color of blush applied to the cheekbones and then brushed towards the ear for an instant glow.
- Focus on the eyes. The eyes are what most people notice when they meet you at a holiday party or you are conversing over hors d’oeuvres. Apply bright colors with sparkles to your eyelid, and then accent with maskara for a spectacular look and feel.
- Highlight your lips. Your lips deserve the holiday treatment as well. A brilliant red makes your lips look full and compliments a bright, fresh complexion.
- Do your hair. Do you live in ponytail land? For a lot of us who are busy with the kids and the influx of family over the holiday season, it’s easy to pull your hair into a ponytail and forget it. Don’t do it! When you take the time to style your hair — even as something as simple as straightening it or curling it — you’ll feel so much better about how you look. Visit a salon and get your hair colored or highlighted for the season. A new look can do wonders for how you feel about yourself.
- Don’t forget about your overall health. With the abundance of food during the holiday season that calls out our names, it’s hard to maintain a healthy diet and not gain weight. Make time to exercise, even if it’s just a quick, 10-minute walk around the block. Go for a walk with your relatives. It’s a great way to sneak in exercise as well as spend quality time with friends and family. Plus, being out in nature is refreshing and invigorating — something your soul desperately needs during the rush of the holiday season.
- Care for the rest of your body. Looking good is intertwined with feeling good. When you feel good, you’ll radiate confidence and happiness. Hence, make sure your body feels good during this holiday season. Get enough sleep, which may be compromised because of all the activities and late nights during the holiday season. Get a massage, which forces you to not do anything for an hour (which is hard for some of us!). Plus, a massage promotes blood flow, which heals sore muscles and is great for your skin!
- Go clothes shopping. Buying a special outfit — be it a sweater, a dress, or a great pair of jeans — makes you feel good inside as well as look good on the outside and in all those family photos taken over the holiday season.
When you’re wearing something new that looks good on you, when you do your hair and makeup, when you’ve been exercising and caring for your skin, and you’ve treated yourself to a massage, you’ll feel amazing during the holidays and during your family get togethers. When you feel good about yourself, family dynamics slips into the background, and you can enjoy the moment, spending time with loved ones whom you don’t get to see as often as you like.
MDPen is passionate about helping others look their best. We supply microneedling equipment to practitioners who deliver one of the best anti-aging treatments available. Taking care of yourself is important, and MDPen supports your desire to look good and feel good through all of our microneedling products. Visit our website today for more information!