The Importance of Proper Skin Care Post-Micro Needling: What You Need to Know
Micro-needling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is a popular treatment that can help rejuvenate the skin and improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scars. It involves creating tiny punctures in the skin using a device with fine needles. These punctures stimulate the body’s natural healing process, which in turn stimulates the production of collagen and elastin fibers. This helps to improve skin texture and firmness, while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. However, proper skin care post-micro needling is essential to ensure the best possible results.
Why is Proper Skin Care
Post-Micro Needling Important?
After micro-needling, your skin will be more susceptible to damage, as the treatment creates tiny punctures that compromise the skin’s protective barrier. Therefore, proper skin care is crucial to ensure that your skin is protected, and you can achieve the best possible results from your treatment.
Failure to take proper care of your skin after micro-needling can lead to adverse effects, including:
1. Infection: The tiny punctures created during the treatment can create an entry point for bacteria, which can lead to an infection. This is why it’s essential to keep your skin clean and avoid touching it with dirty hands.
2. Inflammation: Micro-needling can cause inflammation in the skin, which can lead to redness, swelling, and discomfort. Proper skin care can help reduce inflammation and promote healing.
3. Hyperpigmentation: In some cases, micro-needling can lead to hyperpigmentation, which is the darkening of the skin. This can be minimized by avoiding sun exposure and wearing sunscreen.
MDPen's very own brand educator, ALEXANDRA MOORE-BURNS, has been selected as 2023 BEST BRAND EDUCATOR by DERMASCOPE Magazine!
7 Essential Tips for Proper Skin Care
1. Keep Your Skin Clean: Cleanse your skin gently with a mild cleanser to remove dirt and bacteria. Avoid using harsh scrubs or exfoliants for at least three days after the treatment.
2. Avoid Makeup: Avoid wearing makeup for at least 24 hours after the treatment. Makeup can clog pores and prevent the skin from breathing, which can delay the healing process.
3. Apply Moisturizer: After cleansing your skin, apply a gentle moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated, and promote healing. Look for a moisturizer that is free from fragrances, colors, and other irritants.
4. Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated from the inside out. Proper hydration can help your skin heal faster and minimize inflammation.
5. Avoid Sun Exposure: Sun exposure can worsen inflammation and increase the risk of hyperpigmentation. Avoid direct sunlight for at least three days after the treatment, and wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher when you do go outside.
6. Avoid Touching Your Face: Touching your face with dirty hands can introduce bacteria to your skin, which can lead to infection. Avoid touching your face for at least 24 hours after the treatment.
7. Avoid Strenuous Exercise: Strenuous exercise can increase inflammation and delay the healing process. Avoid exercise for at least 24 hours after the treatment.
Micro-needling is a safe and effective treatment that can help improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scars. However, proper skin care post-micro needling is essential to ensure that you achieve the best possible results. By following the tips outlined in this article, you can promote healing, and reduce inflammation.