So, you’ve done it! You’ve done all the research and you’ve decided to get a microneedling procedure to get the look you want: the end to wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, and sagging skin. Microneedling involves the use of a needle pen to create channels in the treated area to induce collagen production, the powerful protein in your skin that repairs your skin when injured. But did you know if you want to maximize the effects of your impending microneedling procedure, it matters what you put on your face afterwards?
MDPen, a supplier of microneedling products for microneedling practitioners, has developed its own proprietary line of serums made specifically for the microneedling patient. First, let’s explore what is a serum, what it does, and why you should use one. Then we’ll dive into the particular ingredients that makes MDPen’s serums perfect for use after a microneedling procedure.
A facial serum is a fancy word for a face lotion, only serums are special types of skin lotions. A serum is lighter than your typical face lotion product and contains super powerful ingredients to penetrate to the lower layers of your skin in order to work from the bottom up in rejuvenating your skin. Serums are concentrated, thus containing little added fillers that dilute the effects of your typical lotions. There are almost no oils in serums. Serums are best used right after your cleanser and before your moisturizer.
WHAT’S THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A SERUM AND A LOTION?
One word: water. Water is the main ingredient in your body and in your skin. Serums contain water-soluble vitamins and minerals that are absorbed into the skin and then lock in tight to prevent moisture loss.
Serums also contain powerful antioxidants to reduce the effect of free radicals (unstable atoms that are missing an electron and therefore bond with any substance, including harmful substances that affect our skin).
WHY USE A SERUM AFTER MICRONEEDLING?
Let’s be honest: a microneedling procedure is hard on your skin. After all, you are creating hundreds if not thousands of injuries voluntarily to your face. Your body immediately goes into recovery mode, first, to stop the bleeding, and then to heal the skin, which it does with collagen. Your skin needs some tender-loving care after such an undertaking. Serums are perfect for promoting skin rejuvenation and aiding in the healing process. MDPen has created serums for just this purpose. Let’s look at some of the main ingredients in a good serum.
INGREDIENTS IN A MICRONEEDLING SERUM
- Hyaluronic Acid – A naturally occurring molecule in our bodies, hyaluronic acid (HA) lubricates the connective tissues of our joints and skin and is a water magnet, holding up to 1000 times its weight in water. Thus it’s hydration powers for skin in unrivaled in the skin care industry.
- Human Growth Factors— Human growth factors are proteins like collagen that carry messages between cells in relation to growth, healing, and survival. In relation to the skin, human growth factors. Like collagen, as we age, the production of human growth factors slow, resulting in thinner skin.Human stem cell extract that helps promote collagen formation, wound healing, elastin degradation and normalizes skin conditions
- Deionized Water – Deionized water is water that has been mechanically filtered or processed to remove impurities, and is found in all of our microneedling products.
- GHK-Copper (Copper Tripeptide) – A naturally occurring copper complex that contains three amino acids. Copper Tripeptide is a powerful antioxidant that counteracts the oxidizing effects of environmental particles or free radicals. These complexes also can rejuvenate skin cells in aging tissue and boost the production of collagen and elastin. Levels of these structural proteins naturally decrease with age, and thus by increasing them, the skin can regain elasticity and strength. This makes many signs of aging less noticeable and slows down the aging process.
- Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice – This organic plant extract acts as an anti-irritant.
- Glycerin – Glycerin serves as a moistening agent.
MDPen has developed its own serums particularly for the microneedling patient. These serums are vegan formulations containing all organic ingredients that are paraben, petrochemical and SLS/SLE free, and are never tested on animals. MDPen strives for the highest quality products in order to maximize the effect of a microneedling procedure. When used regularly and especially in the first few days after a microneedling procedure, your results will be increased and your skin will thank you.
MDPen offers a microneedling practitioner referral network for patients. Simply visit our website and enter your zip code and all of the practitioners certified in the MDPen microneedling devices will pop up. We offer training for microneedling staff who wants to learn more about microneedling or get certified to perform microneedling procedures. We offer webinars and weekend courses and workshops at convenient times and locations to suit your needs.
MDPen’s serums come in several packages designed to be samples for your patients who are interested in ordering our products. All packages contain various quantities of all of our serums and creams for microneedling patients. MDPen also offers financing as well.
Microneedling is a procedure to reverse the signs of aging with little downtime and side effects. MDPen is proud to be a part of something that improves the lives of thousands of patients. Contact us today to learn more about all of our products and services!
Don’t forget to like and follow us!