We all want to look our best, every day on every occasion — from when we first wake up in the morning to when we lay our weary heads down at night. Unfortunately, this often does not happen. Sometimes you don’t have time to do your makeup in the morning because you woke up late, the dog puked, or you had to spend 10 minutes helping your son find a matching sock. Oftentimes, you roll out of bed in the morning after a long night out with friends, look in the mirror, and don’t like what you see. Life definitely takes its toll on your body, and thereby your looks.
Luckily, in the 21st century that we are blessed to live in, where indoor plumbing, flushing toilets, and showers available 24/7 are the norm, there are a myriad of ways to look your best. From invasive cosmetic procedures such as facelifts to a gym right down the road to help you lose weight, your options are virtually limitless.
In terms of facial beauty, the procedure that is virtually synonymous with beauty is the facelift. An invasive procedure, a facelift surgically removes excess facial skin, giving you a more youthful appearance. However, a facelift is considered major surgery that requires a lot of recovery care and downtime and can be quite painful to endure all for the sake of beauty. Yet, a facelift will definitely leave you looking years younger for a long time, so it can be worth is. There are alternatives to facelifts that can delay having one done, such as a mini-facelift, microneedling, and botox. In this blog post by MDPen, a leader in microneedling pens, we’ll offer up ways to delay a facelift. Contact us today for more information on microneedling!
WAYS TO DELAY A FACELIFT
- Doing the little things in life. Little actions done repeatedly add up to great things. That’s why habits are so powerful in our lives. Nothing can beat a regular, daily skin care routine. Done twice daily, you’ll beat back most of the signs of aging. A good skin care routine includes a good cleanser, a gentle exfoliator, high-quality serums that have the best anti-aging ingredients, such as antioxidants, peptides and retinol, and a good sunscreen with at least SPF 30 to prevent the sun’s harmful UV rays from harming your skin. MDPen offers the best all-natural skin care line in the industry, which is paraben, petrochemical and SLS/SLE free, and is never tested on animals. Our skin care selection includes Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum, Tighten + Lift Serum, and a Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Moisturizer.
- More doings of the little things in life. Don’t underestimate the power of a nutritious diet. For one thing, when you gain weight, that stretches the skin that can then end up sagging when you lose weight. But when you eat a diet rich in foods with high antioxidant content that fights free radicals from the inside out, your skin will look younger longer and be brighter. Kale, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and pecans are some of the best foods to fight off free radicals bent on harming your skin.
- Wear sunscreen every day. Putting on sunscreen every morning before you leave the house should be as routine as brushing your teeth in the morning. The sun is our worst enemy when it comes to signs of aging. By combating the sun and its harmful UV rays you’ll be cutting years of aging from your skin. Fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging and dull skin. The longer your face is exposed to the harmful UV rays of the sun, the more damage will be done. Your lines will deepen and you’ll have a more leathery look to your skin.
- Botox. Botox is a filler that is injected into the treatment area of your fact that temporarily paralyzes your muscles. This results in your face smoothing out and eliminating the lines and wrinkles that are formed when your facial muscles move. Eventually, your muscles regain their function in about three to four months, in which case you can repeat the treatment to maintain a smooth appearance. Botox is being recommended now as a preemptive move, that is to say Botox should be used before lines and wrinkles form in order to prevent them from forming in the first place. Botox is a good way to delay a facelift and get younger, tighter skin.
- Chemical peels. Another non invasive cosmetic procedure to enhance the appearance of the skin, a chemical peel applies a chemical to your skin (usually the face, neck, and hands), which serves as an exfoliate and then peels off. There are three types of chemical peels, each with a different potency to allow the patient to customize treatment. Chemical peels have been used for decades to improve signs of aging and postpone a facelift; however, chemical peels are extremely rough on the skin.
- Lasers. Similar to RF microneedling, lasers use light energy to turn back the clock on signs of aging. Lasers only emit one frequency, which allows your dermatologist or practitioner to focus in on one specific area, creating fewer side effects to the treatment and less down time. Lasers are extremely effective in combating oily skin and acne and can help stimulate collagen production to fight the signs of aging and delay the need for a facelift.
- Ultherapy. Ultherapy is touted as “the” alternative to facelifts. Ultherapy uses ultrasound waves to target collagen production (also known as neocollagenesis) in your skin, stimulating it to produce more. This non invasive cosmetic procedure combats sagging skin, wrinkles, and a drooping browline, thus postponing the need for a facelift.
- Microneedling. What is microneedling? Microneedling is a non invasive cosmetic procedure that stimulates your body’s natural healing abilities. When you cause micro injuries to your face, platelets, the components in your blood that contribute to clotting, rush to the injury. Platelets can actually leave your body’s blood vessels and enter the surrounding tissues in order to do its job. The platelets interact with the tissue, secreting hormones and other growth factors, which then cause collagen and other fibroblasts to start producing in order to help heal your skin. It’s the collagen and elastin that firm up your skin and causes your fine lines and wrinkles to diminish. Microneedling has been used by many people to delay a facelift, or even to shelve the idea, since microneedling yields much of the same results as a facelift with minimal downtime and significantly less pain than a facelift.
- Microneedling with PRP treatments. PRP is platelet rich plasma therapy. PRP has been around since the 1990s as a way to treat soft tissue damage and help speed the healing in dentistry procedures. Now, PRP is being applied to the anti-aging community in order to promote the “healing” of other areas in the skin. By healing we mean the stimulating of the bodies healing components in your skin, known as collagen. Microneedling with PRP treatments involve a microneedling procedure being performed, followed immediately by PRR being applied to the treated area. This allows for maximum absorption of the platelets by the skin since the pores are opened, which can enhance your results dramatically from just microneedling alone and postpone a facelift.
- Microneedling with RF. RF microneedling stands for radiofrequency microneedling. This safe, non invasive cosmetic procedure that combines radiofrequency therapy with microneedling. This ingenious combination pairs these two anti-aging treatments into one in order to double the potency of each skin treatment technique. Radiofrequency waves are administered through the microneedle deep into the lower layers of your skin, which further tightens the skin and diminishes scars.
Beautiful skin is achievable at any age when the proper measures are taken. From daily skin care to eating nutritious meals, you are by and large in charge of how your skin looks from day to day. With modern technology, such as facelifts, fillers, and microneedling, you can reverse the signs of aging and when used in conjunction with a top-notch daily skin care routine, you can achieve the look you desire.
WHY MICRONEEDLING IS THE BEST WAY TO POSTPONE AND/OR ELIMINATE FACELIFTS
With so many alternatives to facelifts available, there really is no reason to ever undergo a facelift. A facelift is painful, involves weeks of recovery, and can leave scars behind in your hairline. You will have bruising and possible effects from the surgery itself, including bleeding, hematoma, damage to facial nerves, infection, numbness, and skin necrosis or tissue death. MDPen has only listed a few of the alternatives to a facelift above, but there are many, many more.
THE BENEFITS OF MICRONEEDLING
MDPen understands the wide variety of non invasive cosmetic procedures available to you, as well as the fact that there is no one-size-fits-all solution to achieve the look you desire. However, for the vast majority of people, we believe microneedling can be the key to looking younger longer without having to undergo a painful surgical procedure such as a facelift.
As we’ve explained above, microneedling is a non invasive surgical procedure that helps reduce the signs of aging. When looking at microneedling before and after, you’ll see for yourself the striking results of this non invasive cosmetic procedure. With little downtime and minimal number of treatments needed to achieve the results you desire, we feel microneedling or microneedling combined with other treatment options such as RF microneedling or PRP microneedling can achieve almost the same results as a facelift with so many more benefits.
WHAT MDPEN OFFERS
MDPen offers a wide range of services for the microneedling practitioner. We offer an online support network dedicated to our microneedling practitioners. We offer microneedling training courses that help you learn how to use MDPen’s top-of-the-line microneedling pens, as well as advanced microneedling workshops to offer more in-depth training and one-on-one attention as you learn more about microneedling.
In response to being asked what are the best products to use after microneedling, we spent years developing our proprietary skin care creams, that include the highest quality ingredients that are paraben, petrochemical, and SLS/SLE free, and are never tested on animals. From Copper + HA Mist to Hydrating Cleanser, our all-natural and organic skin care products are perfect for us after a microneedling treatment or incorporated into your regular skin care routine.
On top of this, one of MDPens’ missions is to make adding microneedling to your aesthetician practice, day spa, or clinic as easy as possible. We do this by offering financing on our microneedling pens, including a 90-day no payment if you qualify. Each MDPen microneedling pen comes with one pack of 10 Restore Needles, a lifetime warranty on parts and labor, and an initial supply of marketing materials, including 50 patient brochures, 10 patient consent forms, 10 treatment logs, and 10 homecare instructions forms to get you started. This allows you to start earning money on your microneedling investment right away, paying for the device as you go. From online training videos to microneedling before and after photos to use in your practice, MDPen has everything you need to be a wildly-successful microneedling practitioner today.
If you’re ready to take the next step to offering microneedling in your practice, contact us today, and we’ll make sure you have all your questions answered before you commit. We promise that you won’t be disappointed when you choose us as your microneedling partner. Contact us to get started!