So consumed by living life, most of us take little time to think about our bodies, and how they are doing their job throughout the day. Fortunately, many of our bodies’ processes are designed as such, with involuntary activities such as breathing, digesting, heart pumping, and muscles contracting, doing their job without thought. Can you imagine what our lives would be like if we had to tell our bodies to do these jobs every second of every day? Nothing would get done.
Our skin has one of the most demanding jobs: to keep us safe from the outside world. It shields us from the elements. It heals our wounds. It kills microscopic bad guys. It cools us down. It warms us up. And it provides us with our looks to boot, so we don’t have to stare at others’ internal organs!
Our skin is important. MDPen, a microneedling equipment provider to microneedling practitioners, knows the value of keeping our skin healthy, supple, and able to perform all the tasks we expect from it. Here are tips to help protect your skin.
TIPS FOR PROTECTING YOUR SKIN
- Wear sunscreen. In a previous post, we discussed the harmful effects of the sun on our skin and how it’s responsible for most signs of aging. Wearing sunscreen and covering your skin when you are out and about is the single most important thing you can do to protect your skin.
- Don’t smoke. Besides increasing the risk of cancers such as lung cancer and cancer of the throat, as well as overall being gross and nasty, smoking ages your skin and contributes to wrinkles. When you smoke, your blood vessels shrink, resulting in decreased blood flow and paler skin. These smaller vessels make it harder to get life-giving oxygen to the skin’s cells, depleting the cells of valuable nutrients it needs to thrive. In addition, smoking damages collagen and elastin — the fibers that give your skin strength and elasticity. Furthermore, from the constand pursing of lips you do when you smoke and squinting against the cigarette smoke, you gain wrinkles around the eyes and lips. If you smoke, quit for more youthful skin.
- Invest in quality skin care. Care for your skin like you would a baby—and just as gently. Daily cleaning and shaving can take its toll. Limit shower and bath time to keep essential oils on the skin. Use creams when shaving to not damage the outer cells. Moisturize your skin with quality skin creams and lotions. MDPen offers all natural, paraben free skin creams not tested on animals that are designed to infuse moisture to your skin and enhance collagen fibers and strengthen elasticity.
- Eat a balanced diet. In a previous post, we discussed in length the value of the foods you eat on your skin. By infusing the body with valuable and essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, your skin will reap the benefits of such.
- Decrease stress. Stress causes acne breakouts and makes your skin more susceptible to infections and diseases. Exercise, besides giving your body a glow and giving your mind a serotonin boost, also rids your body of stress.
- Be wary of germs. One of your skin’s primary jobs is to keep out germs, viruses, and bacteria, so you don’t get sick. Part of this process is daily cleanliness. Washing your hands is the most powerful act you can do since your hands touch the food we eat and involuntarily our mouth at times. Anytime you visit a place inhabited by germs such as the restroom, doctor’s office, or sports arenas where there are a lot of people around, wash your hands after every encounter and before you go to bed.
Taking care of your skin is simply a matter of priorities. In today’s society, we all know what we have to do to obtain and maintain optimal health. Yet how many of us take the time to do so?
MDPen values health and values people’s desire to be healthy in order to feel and look good every day. When we feel and look good, the mountains aren’t that high and the valleys aren’t that low. Nothing is impossible to overcome.
MDPen offers microneedling devices and microneedling equipment to practitioners. We offer trainings to certify doctors, nurses, and aestheticians in the use of MDPen microneedling devices, and we offer great support packages for practitioners from skin care kits to practitioner networks and marketing materials.
MDPen encourages everyone to lead the best life possible, to follow your heart, to obtain the freedom to do what you want to do, to work hard and play hard, and to run through fields of wildflowers and catch snowflakes on your tongue. Spend time with loved ones. Enjoy each moment of every day as if it were your last. Contact us today for all your microneedling equipment needs!