It’s one of the first things you learn in school: your ABCs. You learn to dot your i’s and cross your t’s. You practice the letters over and over again until they are cemented in your memory, and they become automatic. Did you know there are ABCs of skin care as well? The goal of the ABC’s of skin care is to cement them into your memory as well so you can have glowing skin for life. In this blog post by MDPen, a maker of the best microneedling pens, we’ll review the ABC’s of skin care so you can have glowing skin for life. Contact us today to learn more!
THE ABC’S OF SKIN CARE
The ABC’s of skin care are the basic ingredients to have glowing skin. The most important are listed below.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA). Alpha hydroxy acids are found in most exfoliates. They help to pull your dead skin cells away from the live skin cells on your face by weakening their bonds. Thus, when you exfoliate with AHAs, you are helping the new skin cells to come to the surface, which leads to a beautiful skin texture. You will also be unclogging pores which will help when you apply your moisturizer to soak in faster.
- Amino Acids. These guys are the building blocks of your skin’s proteins, and they serve as natural peptides. Amino acids act on collagen, stimulating it, which is the protein in your skin that makes it taunt and that is targeted by microneedling and most of the other non invasive skin care procedures. Amino acids promote an increased skin moisture retention and infuse the skin with antioxidants, which help to strengthen the skin’s barrier to free radicals and harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Antioxidant. An antioxidant is what the name implies: something against oxidants. Basically, antioxidants are vitamins, minerals, and enzymes, such as vitamin C and E, that help to remove potentially damaging oxidizing agents in your body that can damage tissue. Antioxidants also are designed to help nourish your skin cells and keep them healthy.
- Benzoyl Peroxide. Used mainly in the fight against acne-causing bacteria, benzoyl peroxide has the ability to penetrate deep into your skin through the pores and kill the harmful bacteria that cause inflammation and acne.
- Beta Hydroxy Acid. Very similar to alpha hydroxy acid discussed above, beta hydroxy acid, or salicylic acid, helps in the exfoliation process as well by promoting the shedding of your skin’s dead cells in order to let the healthier cells come to the surface.
- Ceramides. These are natural lipids in your skin that have two purposes. One, they make up half of your skin’s barrier, keeping the bad guys, such as free radicals and pollution, out. Two, they help your skin retain moisture, which is vital for healthy, glowing skin and for a youthful appearance. They do this through bonding surface skin cells together, and in effect, holding that moisture content in.
- Collagen. Collagen is the most targeted protein in your body when it comes to fighting the signs of aging. This extremely important protein in the skin is what gives your skin the firmness and structure it needs in order to resist free radicals and the sun’s harmful UV rays and remain tight. Collagen production diminishes as you age, which causes signs of aging to appear. It is what microneedling and a score of other non invasive cosmetic procedures and skin products target.
In addition to the aforementioned ingredients above, you’ll want to look for skin care ingredients that contain the vitamins A, B, and C as well. These vitamins are known to help keep your skin healthy, fight free radicals, and help reduce the signs of aging. Either eat lots of fruits and vegetables to get these in your body or take a supplement. If you buy skin care products with these essential vitamins as well you’ll be ensuring you’re helping keep your skin healthy and glowing for life.
THE BENEFITS OF MICRONEEDLING
MDPen is a microneedling company that specializes in supporting practitioners in their microneedling practice. What is microneedling? Microneedling targets the collagen in your skin’s cells (much like the ingredients above) to produce. Collagen is what makes your skin taunt and strong, giving it the youthful appearance most of us desire. As we age, collagen production diminishes, but through microneedling, we can trick it into producing more. By creating tiny micro-injuries to your skin, your body’s healing process begins. It’s in this healing process that collagen begins to lay down new layers of skin, giving you a vibrant, youthful appearance.
MDPen is a full-service provider of microneedling equipment, meaning we not only produce the best microneedling pens, but we also offer service and warranties on our pens, offer replacement heads for our microneedling pens, and we offer numbing cream for the face for use during the microneedling treatment itself. We offer microneedling training course for those aestheticians, practices, and day spas and salons wishing to add microneedling to its list of available treatments offered. In addition, we offer on-going training opportunities once you are certified to operate our microneedling pens. We offer advanced micro-needling workshops all over the country so you can get a hands-on experience and more in-depth knowledge of microneedling pens and practices.
Micro-needling relies on proper before and aftercare as well in order to maximize results. To further this goal, MDPen has developed its own line of microneedling serums designed to penetrate to the deeper layers of skin while the micro channels are opened up in the immediate afterward of a microneedling procedure. We offer a full line up in order to fulfill the ABCs of skin care, from MDPen’s Moisture + Recovery Gel Mask with Human Growth Factors to our Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Moisturizer. Each of our proprietary skin care products will enrich your skin and can be easily implemented into your daily skin care routine. Our all-natural, organic skin care products are paraben, petrochemical, and SLS/SLE free, and are never tested on animals.
For a limited time only, MDPen is extending our financing option on our microneedling pens to our skin care kits. We offer several kits for you to choose from, each with different counts of our top-notch skin care products, as well as some marketing brochures as well. This is our best deal on our skin care products and should not be missed.
In addition, we’ve developed a new skin care product that is sure to be a hit with all your micro-needling patients and other spa customers as well. This is our new MDPen Organic Lip Balm with SPF 30. This comes in a set of five and is an easy addition to your patient’s skin care routine. So many of us forget about the importance of protecting our lips from the harmful rays of the sun. Our lips are exposed more so than other portions of our face and they, too, can experience early signs of aging. With this easy-to-use MDPen lip balm, your patients are sure to be pleased.
When you partner with MDPen, you’re bringing the best in micro-needling technology to your patients who will reap the results and the benefits of microneedling. Contact us today to get started!