The hands of time never cease turning. For most of us, aging is a mixed bag. We have more experience, more knowledge, and we are more sure of ourselves and our place in this world. However, with aging, even though our mind is growing, our bodies are deteriorating, showing signs of aging. One place where signs of aging can be prominent in your neck. MDPen, a leader in microneedling pens, will offer up tips on how to help rid your neck of signs of aging. Visit us online today!
SIGNS OF AGING ON YOUR NECK
- Sagging skin. Sagging or loose skin on the neck is partly due to the sun and is partly just a natural part of aging from the effects of gravity constantly pulling on your body.
- Red blotches. These signs of aging are caused by the sun again. Redness is basically dilated blood vessels, known as Poikiloderma. Because this condition is cumulative with exposure to the sun, older men and women are more likely to show symptoms.
- Brown spots. Brown spots are basically sun damage that may have been freckles when you were a kid, but exposure to the sun has made them darker and larger.
- Necklace lines. These are lines around the skin that resemble necklaces (hence the name) and are a sign of aging. These lines can show up relatively early, even while you’re in your 20s. This is becoming more common in the digital age as more of us are constantly looking down at our electronic devices, causing the skin to be folded in one place for longer periods of time. Good posture can help.
- Cords on the neck. Different from necklace lines, these cords can stand out as we age. Known as platysmal bands, these vertical bands show up on the upper part of your neck. The platysma is actually a muscle that covers your neck and extends down to the upper part of your chest and deltoids. Experts are unsure why these muscles become visible over time, but the theory is that this is due to sagging skin and a loss of muscle tone. Also, genetics play a role with this condition as well.
PREVENTING SIGNS OF AGING ON YOUR NECK
- Sunscreen. Often, when you’re outside for the day at the beach or just playing with the kids at the playground, you forget to lotion your neck, especially the front of your neck. After all, due to its angle, the front of your neck rarely gets sunburnt. Sunburns are a sign of overexposure of sun, not exposure, and it’s important to protect your neck with sunscreen. This will even out skin tone and help prevent sun spots in the future.
- Skin care routine for your neck. The skin on our faces get (and demand) the most attention from us. After all, that’s what we see when we look in the mirror and what people notice when we’re out and about. However, if you aren’t practicing a daily skin care regimen for your neck, it will age much faster than the rest of your skin. Serums high in vitamin C have been shown to decrease the sun’s damage on your neck.
- Diet. Certain foods help boost collagen production in the skin, such as Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. These foods, such as fatty fish and nuts, are best consumed at night so they will be less likely to be broken down into fuel for other uses during the night. Also, maintaining a healthy weight will cut down on excess skin, which will be subject to the force of gravity as well. Collagen supplements are also now available in pill form or powder, while not as good as a non invasive cosmetic procedure to treat signs of aging of the neck such as microneedling is still helpful.
- Exercise. Regular exercise is not only good for your overall health, but exercise in general is good for your skin’s health. New layers of skin will grow along with your muscles and this skin is more supple. When you exercise, you increase blood flow, which nourishes your skin’s cells and carries away free radicals that can damage your skin’s cells. Exercise also relieves stress, which can cause early signs of aging throughout the body.
- Exfoliate. Our bodies shed between 30,000 and 40,000 dead skin cells a day. While most of these fall off to the floor, some do not, remaining on your skin causing dry, flaky skin or adult acne. When you exfoliate your face, extend this treatment to your neck to help get rid of the dull look caused by sticky dead skin cells.
Although these are steps you can take to help prevent the signs of aging, many of these causes are out of your control. For example, genetics and hormonal fluctuations can influence how much collagen and elastin your body produces, which will affect your neck as well. Luckily for us, there are ways to treat the natural signs of aging of the body.
TREATING SIGNS OF AGING ON YOUR NECK WITH MICRONEEDLING
Don’t fret; it’s not too late! If you are older and already exhibiting signs of aging on your neck, modern technology can help. From sun spots to sagging skin on your neck, targeted treatments using microneedling will help rid you of these signs of aging. Microneedling is an effective treatment for sun spots and skin discolorations.
What is microneedling? Microneedling (otherwise known as collagen induction therapy) uses tiny microneedles to create channels, or micro injuries, in your skin. These microneedles target the lower layers of your skin where the healing properties lie. Once your skin senses an injury, it immediately begins to self-repair. Your skin does this through creating collagen and elastin, which are basically proteins that create another layer of the skin and prop it up. The old layer of skin is replaced with a new layer of skin free from skin discolorations. Depending on the severity of your skin discoloration or pigmentation, you may need several microneedling sessions spread out over several weeks to several months to yield the effects you desire.
With microneedling, the goal for treating your neck is to tighten up your skin and muscle tissue with collagen. This will give you a more youthful look, as well as a more even skin tone. Remember, it’s important to treat your neck as you would your face. MDPen recommends daily skin care intermixed with microneedling treatments to keep the signs of aging in your neck at bay.
HOW MDPEN CAN HELP TREAT SIGNS OF AGING OF YOUR NECK
Aging is a natural process that with modern technology can be reversed so we can look more youthful and feel better about our appearance, which boosts our self-esteem and confidence and challenges us to live our best life ever. With microneedling, you can naturally boost your skin’s healing properties to achieve the look you desire.
MDPen supports microneedling practitioners who bring this incredible, anti-aging technology to you. In a quick and simple procedure, microneedling will smooth out your skin with little downtime and side effects. You can have the look of a major surgical procedure without going through the pain and recovery required. We supply practitioners with superior microneedling pens that can adjust to treat your individual condition. We offer microneedling training and certification programs so more practitioners can offer you this anti-aging procedure. We offer support on our microneedling devices, as well as great warranties. We also help you get the word out about microneedling with our professional marketing materials.
In order to be your one-stop shop for microneedling, we’ve invested our hearts into our proprietary skin care line that are made from vegan formulations containing organic ingredients that are paraben, petrochemical, and SLS/SLE free, and are never tested on animals. We offer a full line of all-natural skin care products to meet your needs, from a Tighten + Lift Serum, designed to firm up your skin, to a Copper + HA Mist to boost collagen and act as an antioxidant to promote firmer, smoother skin. Use all of our microneedling serums after a microneedling treatment or for your daily skin care routine.
On our website, MDPen offers a wealth of information on microneedling, including the latest uses such as hair loss, RF microneedling, and vampire facials. We offer tips for skin care as well as the best source of microneedling information. Contact us today to learn more!