Non invasive cosmetic procedures are all the rage — and for good reason. With minimal downtime, affordable prices, and amazing results, people everywhere are choosing them over traditional cosmetic procedures, which include surgical facelifts that require major recovery efforts. In this day and age, people want results fast, and although it may take from a few weeks instead of a few days to see the fulfillment of the results, many people are buying in the anti-aging boom.
MDPen, a professional microneedling company, is a huge proponent of microneedling procedures to improve skin tone, diminish wrinkles and fine lines, help improve acne scarring and stretch marks, and skin discolorations. Microneedling is now being incorporated into people’s skin care routines in growing numbers, as more people are seeing the advantages of partnering microneedling to increase their desired results. Below, we’ll discuss a number of new non invasive cosmetic procedures that are trending in 2019.
NON INVASIVE COSMETIC PROCEDURES TO WATCH IN 2019
- The Phi Principle. Most of us know Phi from college and fraternity life. However, Phi is actually the 21st letter of the Greek alphabet. Here, it represents the Golden ratio in mathematics that has come to symbolize pleasing, harmonious proportions. Hence, the goal of the Phi non surgical cosmetic procedure is to create the perfectly proportioned face through the use of injected dermal fillers to lift the skin.
- Cryotherapy. Originally used by athletes to recover (much like platelet-rich plasma or PRP therapy), cryotherapy is now being embraced by the health and wellness industry for its many cosmetic benefits, which include weight loss, improvement of insomnia and can help with skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema. Cryotherapy involves immersing your body in very cold water (sub-zero cold). Despite its cold, patients report it energizes them and gives them an exhilarating rush. This is due to the electrical technology cryotherapy utilizes. Plus, other factors you normally experience in the cold (such as wind and snow) are removed. The science involves how your body responds to extreme temperatures. Your blood vessels constrict while you are submerged, and as soon as you return to room temperature, the blood rushes back to the skin’s surface to restore homeostasis in your tissues. You will glow afterwards, similar to your skin’s response after exposure to extremely hot temperatures as well. At the cellular level, collagen production is stimulated (just like in microneedling) and inflammation is reduced. Your body burns energy — and thus calories — as your body believes you are in crisis mode. Some claim in only three minutes in this freezing cold temperatures you can burn up to 600 calories — a tempting proposition for those who are exercise adverse.
- Mesotherapy. Mesotherapy is the injection of special vitamins, amino acids, and medications just millimeters under the skin (into the mesoderm or the surface layer of the skin) to plump and hydrate the tissue. This works extremely well for those with dehydrated skin or for those who live in dry climates. The substances in the injection are tailored to the individual and what he or she needs or wants. To reduce inflammation and help treat veins, muscle relaxants, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, plant extracts, hormones, and hormone blockers may be used, amongst dozens of others. The result is brighter and firmer skin. However, unlike microneedling procedures, this non invasive cosmetic procedure won’t help with scarring or sun spots.
- The 24 hour boob job. The try before you buy mantra is put into full effect with this non invasive cosmetic procedure, courtesy of Norman Rowe, a New York based plastic surgeon. In essence, about a half liter of a saline solution is injected under the nipple, which plumps up the breast tissue. Your body gradually absorbs the solution over a 24-hour time period, returning your breasts back to normal size. The whole process takes only about 20 minutes, and is considered safe. The solution is the safe given when you are dehydrated via an IV drip in the hospital. This allows women everywhere to decide if the invasive surgical procedure of breast implants is for them. As with any injection, there is a possibility of infection around the injection site and, if used regularly, can result in stretch marks. If your cat or dog has ever been to the vet, you’ve see first-hand the “hump” under the skin a saline injection creates.
- CoolSculpting. Taking the name into account, FDA-approved CoolSculpting is a non invasive cosmetic procedure that is best used for body contouring. Using the same idea behind Cryotherapy, unwanted fatty deposits beneath the skin are frozen, which are then processed and flushed out naturally by the body. Paddles are placed on the targeted areas, which pull your skin and fat. With no pain, no downtime, and no scarring, this procedure appeals to many as an alternative to liposuction.
- Cellfina. FDA-approved Cellfina is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that targets cellulite, which is common on the butt and thighs. Cellfina can reduce the appearance of cellulite by up to 90 percent on some patients. Cellfina breaks up cellulite and the connective tissue bands that cause it by inserting a microblade just below the skin’s surface. Results are seen within days and can last up to three years. With an estimated 85 percent of US women over the age of 20 having some sort of cellulite, this procedure is sure to appeal to many.
As technology improves, skin care is now becoming more specialized, targeting specific looks for the client, instead of the all-or-nothing surgical procedures of the past. Many of us like our overall appearance, but there are certain small details we want to change. The trend in the skin care industry for 2019 is to offer more specialized treatments to satisfy the vast majority of the population. The non invasive cosmetic procedures above do just that.
HOW MICRONEEDLING TRENDS IN 2019
Microneedling grows every year in popularity. It is an affordable anti-aging option for those looking for non invasive cosmetic procedures. Using tiny needles, a microneedling pin pricks your skin to induce collagen to produce as your body naturally heals itself. This boosts and tightens the skin, which can leave you looking years younger. With the ability to be used on all skin areas, microneedling can be effective against acne scars, stretch marks, tiny lines and wrinkles, skin discolorations, and hair rejuvenation.
MDPen is a leader in providing microneedling equipment and supplies to practitioners. We support their efforts to help patients feel better about themselves through improving their appearance through microneedling. We offer micro needling training courses for those interested in adding microneedling to their aesthetician clinic, day spa, or medical practice. Once trained, we offer on-going training through microneedling workshops where you gain practical experience while networking with other professional microneedling practitioners. MDPen produces the best serums for microneedling as well as numbing agents and brochures. We even offer microneedling training videos, patient treatment logs, and patient consent forms for your convenience.
Microneedling as a non invasive cosmetic procedure is poised to see additional applications and uses in 2019. MDPen, a microneedling equipment supplier on the forefront of microneedling trends and applications, aims to be the one-stop shop not only for microneedling equipment and supplies, but also for practitioner support and community. Visit our site today to learn more!