You have five senses: sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell. To enjoy this world to the fullest, most of us are blessed to have all five. The sense of sight is very important for most of us. After all, without it, you couldn’t drive, couldn’t see people’s facial expressions, couldn’t Facetime your family, and you couldn’t experience the vibrance of color we take in day-in and day-out. But beyond the sense of sight itself, our eyes are important in other ways, such as for expressing emotions. When it comes to skin care, our eyes are also very important to take care of for one major reason: signs of aging.
The skin around your eyes happens to be one of the thinnest spots on your entire body. Hence, the delicate nature of the skin around your eyes deserves special attention in your skin care routine in order to help reduce the signs of aging.
MDPen offers the best micro needling devices and equipment. What is micro needling? Micro needling is the best tool in the fight against the signs of aging. In essence, micro needling uses a micro needling pen to create tiny channels in your skin. These tiny channels signal your body that an injury has taken place. In response, your body begins to produce more collagen and elastin, proteins in your body and your skin that help to heal the skin and give it a boost. This boost helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. However, the benefits of micro needling don’t stop there. In fact, micro needling has many uses, and many more are being discovered every year. Micro needling is successful in helping to diminish scars, including stretch marks and acne scars, as well as large scars. Micro needling can help stimulate hair follicles, encouraging the growth of hair, which helps those suffering from male pattern baldness or hair loss. Micro needling can help with skin pigmentations, such as sun spots and other discolorations and hyperpigmentations, such as birth marks.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss how you can care for your eyes to help minimize the effect of the environment (such as the sun and free radicals) as well as how to protect the skin around your eyes, so it doesn’t show premature signs of aging. Contact us today to learn more!
HOW EXACTLY IS THE SKIN DIFFERENT AROUND YOUR EYES?
- Thinner. The skin is thinner around your eyes
- Stretched. The skin is stretched more around your eyes to begin with. This is because it has to cover the fat deposits around your eyes that protect your eyes from injury
- More susceptible to environmental bad guys, such as the sun’s UV rays, harsh chemicals, weather, and free radicals
- Blood vessels are smaller around the eyes
IT’S ALL IN THE EYES
- If you’re sleep deprived, you’ll have bags under your eyes.
- If you’re dehydrated, your eyes may be red.
- If you’re stressed, wrinkles, redness, dryness, puffiness, and dark circles can appear.
- As you age, fine lines and wrinkles appear because those fat deposits shrink.
- As you age, crow’s feet appear as collagen breaks down.
HOW TO PROTECT YOUR EYES FROM SIGNS OF AGING
- Wear sunglasses every time you go outside. This will keep the harmful UV rays at bay.
- Don’t rub your eyes. Rubbing can actually create signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles. Don’t do it, and be gentle when applying makeup and during your daily skin care routine, where you rub in facial cleansers and serums.
- Don’t be chintzy. What you put on your face matters. If you head to your local retailer and pick up the first facial moisturizer you find without reading the ingredients, you are doing your eyes a major disservice. Quality matters here, and for quality, you’re going to have to pay for it. You want to look for skin care products that are paraben-free, all natural, and without ingredients you can’t pronounce. MDPen has created a skin care line that is perfect for your daily skin care routine. We offer every product you’d need for not only microneedling before and after care, but also for everyday use. These skin care products include MDPen’s Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum, Hydrating Cleanser, and Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Moisturizer. All of our products are all organic vegan formulations that are paraben, petrochemical, and SLS/SLE free, and are never tested on animals. This also goes for all our makeup products and sunscreen as well. Read the labels and know what you’re putting on your face. If you do have a reaction to a skin care product, stop its use immediately. These reactions can cause pain, redness, irritation, and itchiness.
- Invest in eye care products. There are some great skin care products produced specifically for the skin around your eye. Again, read the products, which will be key. Ingredients such as retinol, vitamins B, C, and K, Hyaluronic acid, polypeptides, caffeine, ceramides are great for fighting free radicals, moisturizing your skin, and keeping your skin soft and supple. Probiotics in skin care products have the added benefit of helping with inflammation of the skin, which can cause your eyes to appear tired, puffy, and show signs of aging.
- Drink water. Your skin’s cells are mostly water. When you become dehydrated, your skin gets dry, an indication your skin’s cells are tightening up, which then makes the skin around your eyes more likely to show signs of aging. Avoid excessive alcohol intake as this dehydrates the body.
- Diet matters. Certain foods help feed your skin’s cells, which strengthen them and make them less likely to show signs of premature aging. The healthy fats are great for keeping your skin thick and supple and helps to reduce any inflammation present. Fatty fish, avocados, and walnuts are great sources of Omega-3 acids. Sweet potatoes help to form a natural barrier, which helps your sunscreen out. Loading up on fruits and vegetables are important as well, such as broccoli, red or yellow bell peppers, and tomatoes. All help to protect your skin from the sun and free radicals.
- Get a good night’s rest. Lack of sleep can cause the blood vessels around your eyes to dilate, causing dark circles under your eyes, and an accumulation of fluid, giving you puffy eyes. Allergies can cause bags under the eyes as well, so find a good allergy medication to help with this.
- Avoid salt intake. Too much salt causes you to retain water and swell, which shows up in the skin around your eyes. Salt can also affect your blood pressure, which affects collagen production.
- Wash your face before bed. Just like brushing your teeth before bed will prevent cavities, you can think of washing your face before bed of preventing wrinkles. This is especially important if you wear makeup. Makeup can cause acne from clogging your pores, make existing acne worse, or may even cause a rash. Makeup can also contribute to premature signs of aging from oxidative damage.
HOW TO TREAT SIGNS OF AGING AROUND THE EYES
The best treatment if prevention in the first place. By implementing some of the steps above routinely and keeping up with your skin care routine daily, you’ll postpost the aging process considerably. However, if already have signs of aging, first off, it’s never too late to start. By implementing even just some of the tips above, you’ll stop the speed of the signs of aging and may even help to reverse some. In order to make a significant difference quickly, MDPen recommends micro needling treatments. As explained above, micro needling helps to reduce the signs of aging, giving you an improved skin texture as well as a more youthful skin tone. We believe micro needling is the best non invasive cosmetic procedure and gives you the best results.
THE MDPEN DIFFERENCE
As we mentioned before, micro needling has many uses and every year, more and more benefits are being added to its repertoire. In fact, micro needling is now being combined with other treatments, including other non invasive cosmetic procedures, to yield even better results. An example of this is radiofrequency, which is known colloquially as RF micro needling. RF micro needling uses both the power of micro needling and radiofrequency, which is essentially energy waves to double stimulate your skin’s collagen production. Another non invasive cosmetic procedure that is gaining ardent followers is what is colloquially (and affectionately) known as vampire facials. Vampire facials are a combination of micro needling and PRP, or platelet-rich plasma therapy. Platelets are the components of your blood that aid in blood clotting, so when you get a cut, platelets come to the rescue. When a PRP treatment is applied directly after a micro needling session, the PRP reaches to the deeper layers of your skin that the micro needle pen just opened up. This also doubles the effect of both procedures.
The advantages of doing two non invasive cosmetic procedures in one are numerous. One is that you can possibly need less micro needling treatments when you perform these two-in-one options. Typically, microneedling takes between four and six treatments, depending on the results you want and your original condition, to see the full effects. When you combine both, you’ll need less.
MDPEN’S SUPPORT OF MICRO NEEDLING PRACTITIONERS
In this life, you only have one shot. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to look your best with what you have been given. Micro needling is a technology that uses a micro needling pen to turn back the clock. It can give you added self-confidence and the desire to do more in this world. While microneedling at home may be an attractive proposition, professional micro needling is the only way to achieve the results you desire. A micro needling pen has adjustable settings, which allows the practitioner to adjust your micro needling treatment to target the results you want. With microneedling at home, you are stuck with a superficial skin prick, that while it may show some results, it won’t give you our results.
MDPen supports micro needling practitioners in every way possible. We offer marketing materials that show microneedling before and after, financing on micro needle pens, and a dedicated practitioner portal that offers micro needling training videos, warranty support on our micro needling pens, and a place to list your practice so patients can find you easier. We offer proprietary skin care products that were specifically formulated for micro needling before and after care, but which can be used either in place of or in addition to a patient’s regular skin care routine. We also offer numbing cream and replacement micro needle heads. With MDPen, you’ll have the micro needling training you desire and the tools and equipment to get the job done, and change people’s lives for the better. Contact us today to get started!