You probably remember your first gray hair. At first, you didn’t believe it was real. You were probably in denial you even saw it. You may have covered it up only to see it in the same place the next day. Or you plucked it, only to see another one.
Society wants you to believe you’re not aging. With slogans such as, “50 is the new 40,” society tells you you are younger than you think. This is partly true because part of aging is your attitude. If you believe you’re old, then you’ll act like you’re old. However, the actual chronological aging process of your body hasn’t changed. So why is this blog post titled, “How to Prevent Early Signs of Aging?” What has changed is our understanding of the aging process, environmental factors that cause aging, physiological age versus chronological age, and protective measures we can do to slow the aging process down.
MDPen is a leader in microneedling pens. What is microneedling? microneedling is a non invasive cosmetic procedure that helps reverse the signs of aging. It stimulates your body’s natural healing process through causing micro injuries to the skin. The skin reacts by beefing up its “toughness”, or collagen layer, effectively creating new skin that decreases fine lines and wrinkles as the skin tightens. We specialize in microneedling pens and helping those interested in offering microneedling in their day spa, aesthetician practice or clinic by offering micro needling training courses. Below, we’ll discuss how to prevent early signs of aging. Contact us today to learn more about microneedling.
HOW TO PREVENT EARLY SIGNS OF AGING
Physiological aging is how you age relative to lifestyle. Lifestyle includes diet, sun exposure, exercise, stress, and sleep. This also explains why some 80 year-olds are in wheelchairs and some are running 5ks. We’re not all aging at the same speed when it comes to factoring in lifestyle.
As we age, the skin becomes more lax and loose. You’ll have aches and pains, wrinkles and brown spots. Chronological age is the same for all of us. There’s an average age when your body will deteriorate similar to the average age kids lose their baby teeth and grow in new adult teeth. This one we cannot change. However, we can change our lifestyle, and if you pay attention to your skin, lifestyle choices are bound to show up. The early signs of aging to watch for in your skin includes:
- Dry skin. Let’s face it, we all get dry skin every now and then. However, perpetual dry skin can be an indication you’re not drinking enough water and/or getting enough fluids in the day. Sun damage, the natural slowing of cell renewal with age, and ineffective skincare will cause skin to get more dehydrated as you age. The solution is a routine skin care system that includes moisturizers with retinol, antioxidants, and vitamin C. An option to help the skin look younger and remain fuller is to add in microneedling on a periodic basis, which will boost collagen production, helping to reduce the signs of aging.
- Dull skin. Dull skin is when you look in the mirror, and you’re skin has a grayish hue and you wonder why you look off. Dull skin is due to decreased cell turnover rate, which is an initial sign of aging. Try skin care products with glycolic acid, a chemical derived from sugarcane that can help dead skin cells break free from the skin. You can also try a supplement with ceramides (natural lipids found in your skin that can help add moisture content) and hyaluronic acid (another substance in your skin that retains a thousand times its own weight in water) to help with hydration of skin cells. An exfoliate with salicylic acid will help to remove the top layer of dead skin cells, leaving your face looking younger with a fresh glow.
- Puffy or red eyes. The skin around your eyes is one of the places on your body where the skin is the thinnest (your hands as well). As you age, this skin only gets thinner due to decreased collagen production. This can allow for dark circles or puffiness to appear. Furthermore, as the skin thins, it’s more vulnerable to environmental factors, such as pollutants, allergens, and hormonal fluctuations, which end up showing up in bloating and puffiness.” Protect the skin around your eyes by using moisturizer, wearing sunglasses, and getting plenty of rest at night.
- Sagging skin. Sagging skin can be caused by age or by being overweight. Skin sags because collagen and elastin, two of the complex proteins responsible for skin structure and elasticity, reduce production. This happens as soon as your 20s when most people don’t think about signs of aging at all. Sagging skin can be boosted by changing your lifestyle. This means getting more rest, eating the right foods, exercising, and protecting your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. Furthermore, if you’re looking to reverse some of these early signs of aging, microneedling can help. By increasing collagen production, your face and other areas you have sagging skin will plump up, which can help reverse these early signs of aging. Foods high in vitamin A can help, as well as a topical skin care moisturizer that contains phytonutrients, which help maintain your skin’s natural elasticity.
- Sun spots. Any spots that appear on your skin as an adult are usually caused by some kind of sun damage to your skin. Sun spots are flat brown spots that develop on your skin from overexposure to the sun. Unlike a sunburn, sun spots do not fade away unless you intercede. Try a skin care product with hydroquinone to help fade brown spots, or a retinol product to help speed up cell turnover. Retinol is also a great skin care product to add into your skin care routine if you haven’t already. In addition to helping reduce the appearance of sun spots, retinol minimizes the appearance of pores and helps to reduce blemishes as well. If you’re seeking a more effective method to reduce the appearance of sun spots, the non invasive cosmetic procedure, micro needling, can help. Due to the fact micro needling creates micro injuries, the healing process will kick in, creating new collagen to help cover up the spot and a new layer of skin free from dark spots. However, more than one microneedling session is often required.
Like all ailments, by the time signs and symptoms appear, it’s often too late to prevent it, whether it’s cancer, a cold or flu, or a strained muscle. However, it’s not too late to correct it. You can undergo chemotherapy to kill cancer, take antibiotics to kill bacteria, and use rest, heat, and ice to help cure your muscle strain. Some early signs of aging are unavoidable. However, you can take steps mentioned above to help avoid further signs of aging.
HOW MICRO NEEDLING CAN HELP WITH EARLY SIGNS OF AGING
Micro needling not only helps turn back the clock on signs of aging, but it also helps with acne scars, hair loss, and stretch marks. MDPen supports practitioners who bring this exciting skin care treatment to you. We specialize in microneedling pens, offering two different kinds, MDPen Dual Cordless/Electric Micro Needling and MDPen Electric Micro Needling. Currently, we are offering special financing on our microneedling pens. We offer instant credit decisions when you apply online. You can let your microneedling equipment pay for itself when you finance as well as make a profit. MDPen supports those who purchase a microneedling pen device from us. We offer device warranty support, marketing materials, and microneedling supplies, such as numbing cream. Our microneedling pens move at speeds up to 17,500 RPM, creating 15,000 micro channels per square inch for maximum coverage and a more complete treatment.
If you’re interested in advanced treatment options that yield even better results than microneedling, RF microneedling and Vampire Facials are a two-for-one treatment for your desired areas. RF microneedling is the creation of micro injuries via microneedling along with radiofrequency energy delivered through the microneedling pen that heats the underlying layers of the skin, causing constriction and tightening of the skin, as well as the stimulation of collagen and elastin production. Because the RF energy is delivered so deeply because of the micro channels created by micro needling, RF microneedling can produce faster, more dramatic results.
MICRO NEEDLING BENEFITS
Another alternative that MDPen highly recommends with microneedling is a top-notch microneedling after care skin care routine. MDPen has created its own micro needling skin care products that are designed to enhance the effect of your microneedling procedure. Made with powerful ingredients such as human growth factors, our MDPen Moisture + Recovery Gel Mask
with Human Growth Factors will provide the nourishment and calming agents needed to restore the skin after a microneedling treatment or as a part of a regular skin care regimen.
If there is only one thing you do to prevent the signs of aging, choose to wear sunscreen every time you leave the house and will be in the sun longer than 10 minutes with exposed skin. MDPen has produced its own, all-natural moisturizer called MDPen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 to protect the skin from the sun’s powerful rays as well as condition the skin, synthesize collagen, and block free radicals.
MDPen is passionate about skin care, and we understand how your look matters, especially to yourself. When you feel beautiful on the outside, you are more self-confident, more engaged with the world, and more vibrant. If you are a microneedling practitioner, microneedling pens and equipment are available through our website. If you’re interested in a microneedling practitioner in your area, visit our website for a comprehensive list of practitioners. Contact us today for more information on microneedling!