Grow Your Practice with Instagram Stories.
There are over 500 million active Instagram Story users worldwide every single day. If you’re not already utilizing this as a tool to grow your client base, then you’re probably missing out on clients. Now is a great time to grow your practice with Instagram Stories.
Instagram Stories are short, attention-grabbing posts that don’t appear on your main Instagram page, but instead sit at the top of the feed for 24 hours. After that, they disappear.
As the industry is so visual, Instagram is a great way to get in front of an audience who is ready to take the next step on their aesthetics journey. An Instagram Story is an excellent way to communicate with your potential customer in real-time—people are more likely to engage with Instagram stories than posts, and 62% of people become more interested in a brand after seeing their Instagram Story.
What’s Great about Instagram Stories?
Instagram Stories can be used for all sorts of content. You can share more of your personality, behind-the-scenes content, or product tips as well as promotional information and must-see content. Here’s why Instagram Stories are a great tool to utilize for your practice:
- They appear at the top of your audience’s feed for 24 hours (rather than being shown however Instagram’s algorithm decides).
- Great for sharing things you don’t want “cluttering” your feed.
- Can be interactive through the use of polls, “ask me anything,” and stickers (and can help you find out some valuable insights from your audience, too).
- Stories are discoverable—it’s not just your followers who can see them. You can use hashtags and location tags in your Stories to help people find you.
- Add Stories to your highlights so they can be seen for longer (great for things like price lists, aftercare info, or service information).
- You can see who’s viewed them, so you know who actually looks at your content and is interested in what you’re doing and saying.
- You can share video, images, text, or even grid posts in an Instagram Story.
- Easy for your audience to share your content.
- Perfect for sharing news like flash promotions, appointment cancellation slots, results, or behind-the-scenes info.
- If you have products or a retail site, you can link to products directly (even if you have fewer than 10,000 followers) using product stickers—if you have more than 10,000 followers, you can add swipe-ups and links directly. It takes a little setup but can be well worth it.
What Types of Content Should You Share on Your Instagram Stories?
Instagram Stories are a great way to connect with your audience and promote your business. But as with all social media, you need to have something to post. Here are some quick and easy ideas of what to share on your Instagram Story to give you some inspiration—remember, content works best when it’s filmed, shot, or created in portrait for an Instagram Story:
- Drive traffic to your latest Instagram post – share the post to your story, but cover up part of the content and direct people to the post to see the latest.
- Share before and after images – encourage your audience to tap through to see the “after” content to boost engagement.
- Share goals, achievements, and news – if you’ve recently hit a goal or there’s news to share for the practice (new staff or training for example), then this can be a great way to showcase the skills of your team.
- Promote your business – flash sales, exclusive discount codes, or “first-look” services are great to share on Stories, as they grow a feeling of exclusivity and make people more likely to check your Story in the future.
- Demonstrate treatments and products – this is great for clients who are curious, worried, or just want to see how a treatment is carried out to ensure that they’ll be comfortable.
For more ideas on how to market your practice effectively, check out our blog post about how to plan your posts in advance to get more momentum on social media!
Learn about MDPen MicroNeeding and our professional skincare formulations at https://mdpen.co