It’s hard to believe another year has gone by. But as we say goodbye to 2018 and prepare to welcome 2019, MDPen, a leading supplier of microneedling pens, will examine what’s trending for 2019 in skin care.
SKIN CARE TRENDS FOR 2019
According to yourskinonline.com, the global anti-aging market is growing at a compound annual growth rate of 7.8 percent. By 2019, it’s expected that the total value of the anti-aging market will be $191.7 billion. The United States is a key market in the global skin care and cosmetics industry, generating an estimated revenue of approximately $62 billion in 2016 alone.
All-natural skin care will be leading the way according to experts along with cutting-edge technology that is being used to create amazing anti-aging products with unbelievable results.
- The beauty industry is moving away from the “one-size-fits-all” model it has used until now. One company that is taking this to the next level is Next Generation Genetics that looks at your individual DNA along with skincare history to produce a custom anti-aging solution just for you. After doing a simple DNA test using a cotton swab of the cheek, a list of ingredients will be given to you that is tailored to your skincare needs.
- The beauty and skin care industry has long been tailored to women since they are the overwhelming majority of skincare product users. However, the beauty industry is taking note that skin care is just as important for men as it is for women. Expect to see more male-oriented products in 2019 as well as genderless and genderfluid product lines.
- Environmentally-friendly packaging and skincare products are expected to start making huge waves in 2019. Refillable makeup containers as well as reusable packaging with fewer toxins are expected to replace the traditional plastic most skin care products come in.
- As we’ve seen, there has been increasing usage of natural ingredients in all skincare products. Expect to see some new players emerge that are “clean green” ingredients such as willow bark. Willow bark is a fatty acid derived from pressed conifer seeds and sciadonic acid that is used to treat inflammation in the skin. Also, be on the lookout for salmon, rapeseed, and natural coloring derived from red radish, pink sweet potato, and elderberries.
- Active ingredients are expected to get a boost from proprietary skin care products with peptides, human growth hormones, and other anti-aging ingredients. MDPen’s own proprietary skin care line is expected to grow in popularity as well as more and more consumers realize the anti-aging benefits these ingredients afford.
- Plant-based beauty is expected to take the beauty industry by storm. In 2019, expect “clean” beauty products free of ingredients like silicone, parabens, and sulfates, to gain market share. Just like plant-based living is gaining traction, this trend will translate to beauty products as well. Expect to see more active ingredients containing kale, algae, and spinach, which are not only good for the body, but also for the mind too, to hit store shelves in 2019.
As consumers are becoming more and more savvy and more knowledgeable about skincare products, ingredients, and what’s best for their skin, the beauty industry is responding. No longer can skincare companies pack their products full of chemicals and fillers in order to maximize sales.
MDPEN’S CLEAN GREEN SKINCARE PRODUCTS
MDPen has been ahead of the trend in both its skincare products and its microneedling pen technology. All of our products are vegan formulations containing organic ingredients that are paraben, petrochemical, and SLS/SLE free, and are never tested on animals. From purified, deionized water and ingredients such as chondrus crispus extract, which is a species of red algae/seaweed to hydroxyethylcellulose (a plant-derived thickening agent) and calendula officinalis (Marigold) Flower Extract (Certified Organic), MDPen has believed in the power of Nature to heal and restore our skin.
Besides the microneedling pen and needs themselves, the whole idea of microneedling is all natural. By stimulating the body’s natural healing process, microneedling allows the body to do what it’s best at — produce collagen and elastin to strengthen and tighten the skin and help rid the body of signs of aging such as wrinkles and fine lines. Microneedling is essentially taking what you were born with — an abundant production of skin proteins — and telling your body to produce more. It doesn’t get any more natural.
MDPen is passionate about eco-friendly skin care products and believes strongly in protecting and preserving the environment as well as your skin. We do this through our clean skincare products and our support of microneedling practitioners who bring the best non-invasive cosmetic procedure to thousands of people. Our support includes a practitioner listing where clients can find the nearest microneedling practitioner near them, all microneedling equipment and supplies, clean skin care products for both before and after microneedling procedures, and marketing materials. Our desire is to make it as easy as possible to offer microneedling to physicians, nurses, aestheticians, and spa owners, and we are always open to new ideas. Contact us today!