In a previous blog post, we stated some skin care ingredients that were trending, namely clean green products, and discussed eco-friendly packaging. Now, we’ll examine more skin care trends. If one of your New Year’s resolutions is to take better care of your skin, you’ll want to keep reading below for MDPen’s, a leader in microneedling pens, latest skin care trends.
THE NEWEST SKIN CARE TREATMENTS FOR 2019
- Facial masks for everyone. Facial masks have always been a favorite skin care treatment to replenish and nourish your skin. A facial cleanses, exfoliates, and rehydrates the skin for a more youthful glow. Being the second most popular spa treatment after the massage, facials in 2019 will explore different materials to use on your skin, such as gold, foil, and even lace. Consumers want innovation and are usually willing to try out new technologies in the quest for vibrant skin. Infrared masks are also expected to take a jump in popularity for their effectiveness in reducing fine lines, healing blemishes, and killing acne that causes bacteria.
- Harnessing good bacteria. Speaking of bacteria, more research is showing the benefits of some bacteria for our skin. Harmless bacteria on our skin helps fight off disease-causing microbes, and now this new research has discovered that some probiotic creams soothe irritation and inflammation of the skin, and can contribute to fighting the signs of aging as well. Expect to see more skin care products with bacteria listed on the ingredient label in 2019.
- Facial brushing. Just like it sounds, this skin care technique uses a brush to comb the face, removing dead skin cells and stimulating the blood to flow to the outermost layers of skin, returning a healthy glow. Borrowed from the popular technique of dry body brushing, which is a well-known skin care technique popular in Asia, body brushing improves circulation, exfoliates the skin, and reduces the appearance of cellulite. However, it has never been used on the face — until now. Expect to see facial brushing being offered at your local spa in 2019 as more and more people add this to their facial routine.
- Snail goo facials. Yes, the little, tiny creatures with shells that live in your garden and are the source of one of our most favorite expressions, these little guys are being touted as a new way to combat the signs of aging. Snail goo facials, or The EscarGlow facial treatment, use snail secretion in order to give the skin a deep hydrating facial as well as heal the skin from the inside out. This procedure comes from our friends in Asia and entails having live snails crawl over your face. This growing trend should be done under the supervision of a professional “snail wrangler.”
Skin care for living. With our busyness, is it any wonder most Americans report sleep deprivation as a health concern? More skin care products are claiming to impact energy levels with energy-boosting ingredients. Companies will be pressed to show how their skin care products boost energy as more and more of these products hit the market in 2019.
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) beauty products. Homemade products are making inroads as consumers’ desire to know EXACTLY what’s in every bottle promotes future growth in the industry. In the future, expect to see more classes on creating and designing your own soaps and beauty products as consumers desire more control. DIY beauty will see an uptick in 2019.
SKIN CARE AND MICRONEEDLING
As the quest for better and more effective skin care products continues, consumers are open to new and innovative skin care procedures like never before. Smaller companies are springing up with new, creative ideas that develop upon each other to improve skin care, and larger companies are noting trends and consumers’ desires for more natural skin care products.
MDPen, a leader in supplying microneedling pens to physicians, nurses, aestheticians, and spa owners who practice microneedling, is on the cutting edge of these skin care trends. First, we offer our own proprietary skin care line that is all natural, using only organic ingredients that are free of parabens, petrochemicals, and SLS/SLE. We pride ourselves on ensuring what you put on your skin is safe and effective and can be used as part of your anti-aging solution.
Second, MDPen supports the non invasive skin care procedure of microneedling that through thousands of tiny pin pricks, stimulates your body’s natural healing process without using drugs or making incisions. The results of a microneedling procedure can be amazing — all because your body is amazing. Effective for diminishing the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, scar tissue, stretch marks, acne scars, and skin discoloration, microneedling is one of the fastest growing skin care procedures and is expected to be one of the top skin care solutions for 2019.
If you are interested in offering microneedling procedures at your skin care clinic, visit our website today to learn more!