2019 is here. Many of us have made resolutions that we will strive to obtain and/or fulfill. Many New Year Resolutions involve our looks and our health. Lose weight, eat healthier, drink more water, and exercise more are some of the most popular resolutions. The fact is most of us will give up on our resolutions within six weeks. Why? Because change takes time and when we don’t see immediate results, we lose faith and fall into our old ways.
Taking care of your skin is a time-consuming process as well. It’s the daily grind of cleansing and moisturizing, along with the weekly exfoliating, toning, and serum use, and the less frequent non invasive cosmetic procedures such as microneedling that makes the difference in our skin. MDPen, a leader in microneedling training courses, believes the patient daily skin care is the key to healthy, glowing skin that shows less signs of aging. Below are some New Year’s resolutions related to skin care to consider.
SKIN CARE RESOLUTIONS
- Taking care of your complexion. Your skin is subject to many kinds of environmental conditions that affects its appearance. From pollution to sun exposure, our skin battles daily to stay healthy. By investing in high quality, all natural skin care products and committing to their regular use, your skin will be better able to fight off the harshness of the winter cold, the overexposure to the sun in the winter, and free radicals that can cause premature signs of aging. Adding in a toner, which essentially completes the cleansing process by removing dust, pollution, and impurities that can still linger after washing with a cleanse, can help. A primer before makeup application will add moisture content to your skin and help protect it from dirt and grime. Exfoliating at least once a week is a necessity. It removes the dead skin cells that build up over time. This allows age spots to fade, unclogs pores and releases natural skin oils, minimizes pore size and the appearance of superficial scars, makes fine lines and wrinkles less visible as the newly exposed layer of skin reflects light better, and can help with the absorption of moisturizers, antioxidants, and collagen-boosting serums.
- Diminish acne scars and blemishes. Most of us bear some sort of acne scars since 80 percent of people between the ages of 11 and 30 get acne. Daily skin care will help prevent new acne from forming since acne is caused by bacteria that gets trapped in our pores. However, usually advanced skin treatments are needed to help the skin heal from acne scarring. microneedling is one such non invasive cosmetic procedure that uses your skin’s natural healing capabilities to diminish the appearance of acne scars. Through creating micro channels in the skin, a protein called collagen is stimulated, which is key in healing.
- Clear Hyperpigmentation. Hyperpigmentation is a skin condition where darker patches of skin appear. This is fairly common and is usually harmless. Hyperpigmentation is caused when an excess of melanin forms in the skin. Melanin is what gives our skin color. Some serums can be effective in fading hyperpigmentation. There are various causes of hyperpigmentation, such as changes in hormonal levels, sun exposure, the natural process of aging, or some medications. Dark spots on the skin can make you self conscious as they stand out prominently. However, microneedling is highly effective against dark spots on your skin. Also known as collagen induction therapy, microneedling uses the small injuries to the skin caused by a microneedling pen to begin the skin healing process. As the older, top layer of skin begins to peel off, a new layer of skin forms between 10 and 14 days. This new layer of skin (made up mostly of collagen) covers up the injuries and is usually free from the old skin spots. Multiple sessions of microneedling pens are usually required to achieve the look you desire. However, at the end of the treatments, you’ll have rejuvenated, firm, and spot-free skin.
- Always wear sunscreen. Sun is the number one cause of signs of aging. The sun’s UV rays can cause fine lines and wrinkles, lack of firmness, loss of elasticity, dry, rough skin, enlarged pores, and pigmentation changes (age spots, freckles, and other skin discolorations). The sun breaks down collagen, the protein in the skin that gives it its elasticity, making fine lines and wrinkles appear. Make sure your daily moisturizer contains UV protection, so you’ll get a good dose in the morning. MDPen offers a Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Moisturizer that forms a protective barrier against the sun while supplying much needed moisture content to your skin cells. For maximum effectiveness, sunscreen needs to be applied throughout the day, especially if you’ll be enjoying the outdoors for any period of time. A suntan is actually a sign of skin damage so avoid tanning beds and tanning if at all possible.
- Commit to skin care at night. It’s so easy to fall into bed exhausted after a long day at work, running errands, running the kids around, and having dinner and drinks with friends without taking care of your skin. This can easily turn into a habit that will cause your skin to suffer. At the bare minimum, make sure you cleanse your face, especially if you have makeup on. After a long day of sweat, toil, and exposure to the elements, your face has collected dirt, grime, and goo that needs to be wiped off. Add a moisturizer as well. However, try to stick to a routine so when you are exhausted, you can perform this mindlessly, similar to brushing your teeth. Adding occasional special treatments such as a retinol serum is a good practice as well.
- Commit to more in-depth facial treatments at least once a month. Daily facial care will do wonders for the health of your skin. However, a deep skin treatment is like a massage: it’ll stimulate the deeper levels of your skin, hydrating them and ridding your skin of dead skin cells to give you a bright, healthy glow. Investing in a facial or a facial mask once a month is a great way to unclog skin pores, fight acne, and rid yourself of the dull appearance. Face masks help hydrate skin, remove excess oils, and help improve the appearance of your pores. They are a great way to help pull out impurities as well. Face masks help you relax and, when infused with therapeutic oils, can lift your spirits as well as your skin. Face masks give your face a deep cleanse, stimulate blood circulation to your skin’s cells (resulting in a healthy glow), and improve the overall efficiency of your other skin care products with better absorption rates that penetrate to a deeper level.
Your skin can be an afterthought at the end of the day. Sometimes people don’t even think about their skin care until the first wrinkle crops up. By then, years have gone by without proper skin care and reversing that process can take time.
SKIN CARE AND MICRONEEDLING
MDPen believes in relentlessly pursuing a healthy skin appearance through the use of microneedling. microneedling is a non invasive cosmetic procedure that allows the skin to rejuvenate on its own, healing acne scars and stretch marks, reducing the appearance of skin pigmentations, diminishing fine lines and wrinkles, and restoring elasticity and firmness to your skin cells. microneedling before and after is like having your hair colored from a brunette to a blond. Effective, easy, and quick, a microneedling pen procedure takes less than one hour from start to finish.
A new year is a chance for a fresh start. A time to make changes that can affect your future. Most of us focus on career resolutions, marking off an item on our bucket list, or getting organized. Exercise is a big change many want to take in order to lose weight. When it comes to looking good, however, the health of your skin plays a critical role.
In 2019, let’s put better skin care at the top of our lists. MDPen offers a proprietary line of skin care products. Made from all-natural, organic ingredients that are paraben, petrochemical and SLS/SLE free, our skin care products are top notch for delivering amazing skin care results. We offer serums such as Cellular Renewal Serum and Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum to deliver superior moisture content and restore elasticity to the skin’s cells. We offer a Hydrating Cleanser that hydrates the skin without drying it out and is great for both your morning and night time regimen. Finally, we offer a revolutionary Moisture + Recovery Gel Mask with Human Growth Factors to complement your skin care regimen. This skin care cream not only replenishes moisture to your skin but also promotes a more youthful appearance. All of our skin care products were designed to be used in microneedling aftercare. However, the ingredients work wonders when used on a daily basis as well.
Make 2019 your year to look your best every day through amazing skin. Contact us today!